Louisiana Energy Services
National Enrichment Facility (NEF) is a plant under construction for the refinement of uranium fuel for nuclear power plants by gas centrifuge. It is located 5 miles east of Eunice, New Mexico. The NEF is operated by Louisiana Energy Services (LES) which is in turn owned by the Urenco Group.
Campaign Finance$20,200 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Louisiana Energy Services
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Louisiana Energy Services $930,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3183 To amend title XXVII of the Public Health Service Act to exempt licensed independent insurance producer remuneration from the medical loss ratio. H.R.2054 Energy and Revenue Enrichment Act of 2011 S.1436 Transportation and Regional Infrastructure Project Bonds Act of 2011 H.R.3183 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 S.1436 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.1280 To amend the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 to require congressional approval of agreements for peaceful nuclear cooperation with foreign countries, and for other purposes. H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 H.R.5325 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Louisiana Energy Services" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Louisiana Energy Services
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Louisiana Energy Services
- Toggle 5 NRC Disposal of Unique Waste Streams 2011
- Toggle 3 NRC Notice of Public Workshop to Discuss Potential Revision of 10 CFR Part 61 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC NRC Enforcement Policy Revision 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Interim Staff Guidance Augmenting NUREG-1537, Parts 1 and 2, for the Production of Radioisotopes 2011
- Toggle 1 DOE Assistance to Foreign Atomic Energy Activities 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Common-Cause Failure Analysis in Event and Condition Assessment: Guidance and Research 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Potential Revision of the Branch Technical Position on Concentration Averaging and Encapsulation 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Clarifying Requirements in Part 21, "Reporting of Defects and Noncompliance" 2012
- Toggle 1 ITC Institutions of Five-Year Reviews Concerning Antidumping Duty Orders: Low Enriched Uranium from France 2012
- Toggle 1 NRC Terrestrial Environmental Studies for Nuclear Power Stations 2011