Limited Brands (formerly known as The Limited, Inc.) is an American apparel company based in Columbus, Ohio. In 2009 it reported 9.04 billion dollars in revenue for the last fiscal year .
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Limited Brands
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Limited Brands $1,600,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Apparel, Clothing, & Textiles,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Homeland Security,
- Health Issues,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.800 Employee Free Choice Act of 2007 S.1041 Employee Free Choice Act of 2007 S.1726 Business Activity Tax Simplification Act of 2007 S.4 911 Modernization Act H.R.1 Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 S.558 Mental Health Parity Act of 2007 S.1300 Aviation Investment and Modernization Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Limited Brands" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Limited Brands
- Toggle 14 EPA TSCA Section 21 Petition on Air Fresheners; Notice of Receipt 2007
- Toggle 2 USCBP Importer Security Filing and Additional Carrier Requirements 2007
- Toggle 2 FAA 2007-NM-316-AD Various Transport Category Airplanes Equipped with Auxiliary Fuel Tanks Installed in Accordance with Certain Supplemental Type Certificates 2008
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Requesting for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2007
- Toggle 1 APHIS Regulatory Status of Alfalfa Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Area Designations for the 2006 24-Hour PM 2.5 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2008 Ozone Standards 2008
- Toggle 1 USCBP Proposed Interpretive Rule on Customs Valuation and Series of Sales Transactions 2007
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Combination Packages Containing Liquids intended for Transport by Air Craft 2007
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Limited Brands" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee