Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual Group, more commonly known by the name of its primary line of business Liberty Mutual, is a diversified global insurer and the fifth largest property and casualty insurer in the United States based on 2009 direct written premium. It is the 71st company on the Fortune 500 list for 2010. Based in Boston, Massachusetts, it employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 locations throughout the world. As of December 31, 2008 Liberty Mutual Group had $104.3 billion in consolidated assets, $94.2 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $28.9 billion in annual consolidated revenue. The company, founded in 1912, offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, commercial multiple peril, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, fire and surety.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Mitt Romney Paul Mattera $74,950
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Liberty Mutual Insurance
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Liberty Mutual Insurance $2,830,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.623 National Commission on State Workers' Compensation Laws Act of 2011 H.R.1063 Strengthening Medicare And Repaying Taxpayers Act of 2011 H.R.435 National Flood Insurance Program Termination Act of 2010 H.R.700 Floodplain Maps Moratorium Act H.R.764 Fair Treatment of Existing Levees Act of 2011 H.R.898 To suspend flood insurance rate map updates in geographic areas in which certain levees are being repaired. H.R.1026 Flood Insurance Reform Priorities Act of 2011 H.R.1309 Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1379 Natural Hazards Risk Reduction Act of 2011 H.R.1430 Flood Insurance Choice Act
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Liberty Mutual Insurance" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Liberty Mutual Insurance
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Insurance Reporting Requirements 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Shell Gulf of Mexico Revised 2012 Outer Continental Shelf Lease Exploration Plan, Chukchi Sea, Alaska. Burger Prospect: Posey Area Blocks 6714, 6762, 6764, 6812, 6915; Chukchi Sea Lease Sale 193 (May 2011) 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA WSC - In the Matter of Lightning Van Lines, Inc. - Field Administrator’s Notice of Objection to Respondent’s Request for Formal Hearing 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Uniform Disclosure to Consumers: Benefit Design, Cost Sharing, & Standards for Definitions 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA South Dakota Regional Haze 2011
- Toggle 1 TREAS Public Input on the Report to Congress on How to Modernize and Improve the System of Insurance Regulation in the United States 2011
- Toggle 1 TREAS Public Input on the Report to Congress on the U.S. and Global Reinsurance Market 2012