Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual Group, more commonly known by the name of its primary line of business Liberty Mutual, is a diversified global insurer and the fifth largest property and casualty insurer in the United States based on 2009 direct written premium. It is the 71st company on the Fortune 500 list for 2010. Based in Boston, Massachusetts, it employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 locations throughout the world. As of December 31, 2008 Liberty Mutual Group had $104.3 billion in consolidated assets, $94.2 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $28.9 billion in annual consolidated revenue. The company, founded in 1912, offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, commercial multiple peril, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, fire and surety.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Liberty Mutual Insurance
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Liberty Mutual Insurance $5,040,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2555 Homeowners' Defense Act of 2010 S.505 Homeowners' Defense Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.83 Homeowners Insurance Protection Act of 2009 H.R.635 National Commission on State Workers' Compensation Laws Act of 2009 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.1257 Damaged Vehicle Information Act H.R.1264 Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2009 H.R.1525 H.R.1583 Insurance Industry Competition Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Liberty Mutual Insurance" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Liberty Mutual Insurance
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2009
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2010
- Toggle 2 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH); Request for Nominations and Meetings for 2009 2009
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice; Request for Comments, IIHS Petion for Petition Rulemaking on the Bumper Standard 2009
- Toggle 1 FMCSA WSC - In the Matter of Young Ran Chang dba Edel Trans - Petition for Reconsideration 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Supplemental Guidance for SIP Submissions to Meet the Requirements for Section 110(a)(1) of the CAA for the SO2 NAAQS 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH); Request for Nominations and Meetings for 2010 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Vehicle Safety Rulemaking and Research Priority Plan 2009-2011 2009
- Toggle 1 FRA Risk Reduction Program 2009
- Toggle 1 FMCSA WSC - In the Matter of Avalon Van Lines, Inc. - Field Administrator's Notice of Objection to Respondent's Request for Hearing 2009
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Liberty Mutual Insurance" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee