Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications (NASDAQ: LVLT) is a large Internet service provider headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado.
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Level 3 Communications
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Level 3 Communications $1,116,462
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Foreign Relations,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 S.1253 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.2020 Keeping All Students Safe Act S.3254 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 H.R.2434 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 S.1573 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2012 S.2020 A bill to extend the temporary duty suspension on certain capers in immediate containers each holding more than 3.4 kilograms.
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Level 3 Communications" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Level 3 Communications
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Level 3 Communications
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Compliance with Telecommunications Trade Agreements; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Renewable Energy Right-of-Way Grant of Submerged Lands on the Outer Continental Shelf 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Proposed Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Revisions to the Nevada State Implementation Plan; Stationary Source Permits 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Limited Approval and Disapproval of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Nevada; Clark County; Stationary Source Permits 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Grant of Requests for Early Termination of Waiting Period Under Premerger Notification Rules 2011
Advisory Committees5 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Level 3 Communications" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 4 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee