Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK) is a holding company that, through its subsidiaries, engages in mining & drilling services, telecommunications, healthcare services, manufacturing, banking and lending, real estate, and winery businesses with a market cap of about $6.6 billion as of 12/06. Leucadia is known as a "mini Berkshire Hathaway" with an average annual return of over 22%. Largest current investments include Jefferies and Fortescue Metals Group.
Campaign Finance$145,632 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Leucadia National
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Leucadia National" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Leucadia National
- Toggle 1 FTC Requests for Early Termination of Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Certain Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Commercial Heating, Air Conditioning, and Water-Heating Equipment 2011
- Toggle 1 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; Information Collections 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2008-BT-STD-0006 & EERE-2009-BT-STD-0022) 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Requests for Early Termination of Waiting Period under Premerger Notification Rules 2011