Leggett & Platt
Leggett & Platt (L&P;) (NYSE: LEG), based in Carthage, Missouri, is a diversified manufacturer (and member of the S&P; 500 Index) that conceives, designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. The company serves a broad suite of customers that comprise a "Who's Who" of U.S. manufacturers and retailers. The 128-year-old firm consists of 19 business units, 19,000 employee-partners, and 140 manufacturing facilities located in 18 countries.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Leggett & Platt
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1133 Enforcing Orders and Reducing Customs Evasion Act of 2011 H.R.3057 Enforcing Orders and Reducing Customs Evasion Act of 2011 H.R.5708 Preventing Recurring Trade Evasion and Circumvention Act
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Leggett & Platt" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Leggett & Platt
- Toggle 3 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 1 EPA 110(a)(1) Maintenance Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone - Triad 1-hr Area 2011
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Early Termination of Waiting Periods under Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for SAPIEN®, U.S. Patent No. 5,411,552 2012