Lee & Smith
Campaign Finance$171,848 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Lee & Smith
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Space Dynamics Laboratory $2,400,000 Utah State University $2,100,000 North Dakota State University $1,840,000 Utah School of Instit Trust Lands Admin $380,000 City of Orem, UT $340,000 Olympia Group $320,000 Whittemore, Harvey $300,000 Environmental Land Technology Ltd $260,000 Northern Colorado Water Conservancy Dist $220,000 Wade/Fernly LP $160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Natural Resources,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1472 To designate a portion of Interstate Route 710 located between post mile 5.2 and post mile 6.2 in Los Angeles County, California, as the "Jenny Oropeza Highway". S.3635 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3606 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3686 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.3182 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2009 S.3636 Science Appropriations Act, 2011 S.1400 Motorsports Fairness and Permanency Act S.1406 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 188 dockets; Submitted to 24 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Lee & Smith" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Lee & Smith
- Toggle 3 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 3 of 6 2006
- Toggle 2 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 2 FAA Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area Special Flight Rules Area 2004
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 1 Implementation of the Shark Conservation Act of 2010 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 1 90-Day Finding on a Petition to Include the Killer Whale Known as Lolita in the Endangered Species Act Listing of Southern Resident Killer Whales 2013
- Toggle 1 FWS None Unknown
- Toggle 1 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List All Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) as Endagered 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Lee & Smith
- Toggle 62 Comments received by the U.S. State Department on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone XL Project 2013
- Toggle 51 NHTSA National Academy of Science Study and Future Fuel Economy Improvements Model Years 2005-2010 2002
- Toggle 27 NHTSA Reforming the Automobile Fuel Economy Standards Program; (CAFE) Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 14 Oil and Gas; Hydraulic Fracturing on Federal and Indian Lands 2013
- Toggle 8 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 7 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 7 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 7 ITA Freshwater Crawfish Tail Meat From the Peoples Republic of China: Notice of Preliminary Results of Antidumping Duty Administrative Review 2005
- Toggle 5 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 5 FAA Delbert Johnson d/b/a Two Dogs Aviation vs. Goldsboro-Wayne Airport Authority - Complaint 2009