Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins LLP is a global law firm, one of the largest in the world. Latham currently employs approximately 2,000 attorneys in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm was started in Los Angeles in 1934 and has extensive California roots, but its largest office is now in New York City.
Campaign Finance$5,475,052 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Latham & Watkins
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount General Cigar Holdings $820,000 International Truck & Engine $820,000 CenturyTel Inc $820,000 Boston Scientific Corp $710,000 International Empl Stock Options Cltn $620,000 King Maker Marketing $580,000 Business Roundtable $440,000 Amphastar Pharmaceuticals $360,000 Alaska Communications Systems $360,000 Sirius Satellite Radio $360,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues
RegulationsMentioned in 107 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Latham & Watkins" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Latham & Watkins
- Toggle 2 APHIS Horse Protection Act; Petition for Amendments to Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Determine that Oxycodone Hydrochloride Extended Release Tablets, 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg, 60 mg, and 80mg, of Perdue Pharma LP, Were Voluntarily Withdrawn for Reasons Other Than Safety or Effectiveness 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Use of Ozone-Depleting Substances; Removal of Essential-Use Designation (Epinephrine) 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 1 APHIS Horse Protection Act; Requiring Horse Industry Organizations to Assess and Enforce Minimum Penalties for Violations 2011
- Toggle 1 FSOC Public Input for the Study Regarding the Implementation of the Prohibitions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Listing 40 Species on Molokai, Lanai, and Maui as Endangered and Designating Critical Habitat on Molokai, Lanai, Maui, and Kahoolawe for 135 Species 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Determine Whether Oxycotin 10mgs, 15 mgs, 20mgs, 30mgs, 40mgs, 60mgs, 80mgs, and 160mgs, Oxycotin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets has Been Voluntarily Withdrawn or Withheld From Sale for Safety or Efficacy Reasons 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Listing of Ingredients in Tobacco Products; Availability 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Latham & Watkins
- Toggle 19 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
- Toggle 11 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Non-Attainment New Source Review (NSR): Baseline Emissions Determination, Actual-to-Future-Actual Methodology, Plantwide Applicability Limitations, Clean Units, Pollution Control Projects (Reconsideration) 2001
- Toggle 8 EPA Revision to Definition of Volatile Organic Compound - Exclusion of Tertiary Butyl Acetate 2003
- Toggle 5 EPA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Identification of Non-Hazardous Secondary Materials That Are Solid Waste 2008
- Toggle 4 EPA CAA Petition to Remove MEK from HAP List 2003
- Toggle 4 EPA Regional Haze Regulations 2002
- Toggle 4 EPA Reregistration of Carbofuran 2005
- Toggle 3 EPA Standards and Practices for All Appropriate Inquiry; Final Rule 2004
- Toggle 3 EPA Nonconformance Penalties for On-highway Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Semiconductor Manufacturing 2002
Advisory Committees5 people on 8 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Latham & Watkins" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 1 person on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee