Lanxess AG is a specialty chemicals group based in Germany, with US headquarters and major operations in Pittsburgh. It was founded in 2004 when Bayer AG spun off its chemicals operations and parts of its polymer activities. As measured by sales, Lanxess is the fourth largest chemicals group in Germany. The company's principal product areas are in specialty, basic and fine chemicals, rubber and plastics.
Campaign Finance$6,850 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Lanxess Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Chemical Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4632 To extend the suspension of duty on 2-Chlorotoluene. S.2475 A bill to extend the temporary suspension of duty on Mixtures of N'-(3,4-dichloro-phenyl)-N,Ndimethylurea with acrylate rubber. S.2706 A bill to extend the temporary suspension of duty on Iminodisuccinate. H.R.4934 To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 4,8-Dicyclohexyl -6-2,10-dimethyl -12H-dibenzo[d,g][1,3,2]- dioxaphosphocin. H.R.5232 To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 1,2,2,3,3,4,4,4-Nonafluorobutanesulfonic acid, potassium salt. H.R.5237 To extend the temporary suspension of duty on Tetraethylammonium perfluoroctanesulfonate. H.R.5245 To extend the temporary suspension of duty on Thionyl chloride. H.R.5764 To extend the reduction of duty on N-phenyl-pphenylenediamine. S.1863 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 S.2684 A bill to extend the temporary suspension of duty on Disflamoll TOF.
RegulationsMentioned in 27 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Lanxess Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Lanxess Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Lanxess Corp
- Toggle 4 EPA IPBC (Troysan KK-108A) Registration Review 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA o-Benzyl-p-chlorophenol Registration Review 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Lanxess Corp.; Filing of Food Additive Petition (Animal Use); Calcium Formate. 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Sodium p-chloro-m-cresolate Registration Review Docket 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA p-Chloro-m-cresol Registration Review Docket 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Bronopol Registration Review 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Sodium Omadine Registration Review Docket 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Dibromodicyanobutane Registration Review Docket 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Notice of Receipt of Requests for Amendments to Delete Uses in Certain Pesticide Registrations 2012