Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE: KFT) is the largest confectionery, food, and beverage corporation headquartered in the United States. It markets many brands in more than 155 countries. 11 of its brands annually earn more than $1 billion worldwide: Kraft, Cadbury, Oscar Mayer, Maxwell House, Nabisco, Oreo, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Jacobs, Milka, LU, and Trident. 40 of its brands are at least 100 years old.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Kraft Foods
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Kraft Foods $4,740,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.1385 Free Market Sugar Act H.R.1739 Free Sugar Act of 2011 S.25 Stop Unfair Giveaways and Restrictions Act of 2011 S.685 Free Sugar Act of 2011 H.R.3062 Dairy Security Act of 2011 S.747 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 S.1682 Dairy Advancement Act of 2011 H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 H.RES.153 To express the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the school breakfast program.
RegulationsMentioned in 57 dockets; Submitted to 13 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Kraft Foods" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Kraft Foods
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Voluntary Submission of Food/Feed Facility Profile Information 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Section 301. Foreign Supplier Verification Program 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Section 307. Accreditation of Third-Party Auditors 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Poultry Slaughter Inspection 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Food Ingredients and Sources of Radiation Listed and Approved for Use in the Production of Meat and Poultry Products 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Targeting of Inspection Resources for Domestic Facilities and Foreign Facilities - Identification and Inspection of Facilities, Section 201, Food and Drug Administration Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) 2011
- Toggle 1 USDA Agriculture Acquisition; Labor Law Violations 2012
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Kraft Foods
- Toggle 15 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 8 FSIS Food Ingredients and Sources of Radiation Listed and Approved for Use in the Production of Meat and Poultry Products 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Revisions to the California State Implementation Plan, Fumigant Rules and Pesticide commitment for San Joaquin Valley 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Section 307. Accreditation of Third-Party Auditors 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans, California 2007San Joaquin Valley 8-hour Ozone Plan and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Investigate Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Product Safety for Use With Pediatric Patients 2012
- Toggle 2 FSIS Reducing Sodium in the Food Supply; Establishing Sodium Reduction Targets; Establishment of Dockets; Request for Comments, Data and Information 2011
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.