Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by K&L Gates
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Pitney Bowes Inc $2,350,000 Radian Group $1,620,000 US Maritime Coalition $1,400,000 Boeing Employees' Credit Union $850,000 PIMCO $780,000 Financial Accounting Foundation $770,000 Silicon Valley Technology Center $740,000 Church Alliance $720,000 Pacific Medical Centers $710,000 Environmental Defense Action Fund $550,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2596 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1572 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.1253 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 23, 2013 AMERICAN MARITIME PARTNERSHIP Issues related to cabotage in the United States. View registration April 23, 2013 CMS Energy Dodd-Frank Act, section 619. View registration April 4, 2013 WISER COMPANY, LLC Assist with federal business development and funding programs for geospatial intelligence products and services (no specific legislation at this time). View registration March 25, 2013 Hawaii Longline Assn Issues related to fishing vessel operations including vessel safety, crew visas and customs requirements. View registration March 8, 2013 Church Alliance Implementation of P.L. 111-148, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and P.L. 111-203, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act: definition of qualified church plan. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 31 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "K&L Gates" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for K&L Gates
- Toggle 3 DOT In the Matter of the Cancellation of Air Taxi Authority Issued to VIH Cougar Helicopters, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Proposed Sale Notice for Commercial Leasing for Wind Power on the Outer Continental Shelf Offshore Rhode Island and Massachusetts 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Make a determination that Opana® ER Tablets, 7.5 mg and 15 mg were not discontinued from sale for safety or effectiveness reasons - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Streamling Inherited Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment for the Proposed Modification of the Bayonne Bridge 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for K&L Gates
- Toggle 17 DOT In the Matter of the Cancellation of Air Taxi Authority Issued to VIH Cougar Helicopters, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Make a determination that Opana® ER Tablets, 7.5 mg and 15 mg were not discontinued from sale for safety or effectiveness reasons - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Determine Whether Opana® ER (Oxymorphone Hydrochloride) Extended-Release Tablets, 7.5 mg and 15 mg Have Been Voluntarily Withdrawn, Discontinued or Withheld From Sale for Safety or Efficacy Reasons - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Beech Ridge Energy 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Applications: Pax World Funds Series Trust I and Pax World Management LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 NCD Meetings; Sunshine Act 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 1 CFTC Commodity Pool Operators and Commodity Trading Advisors: Compliance Obligations 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Family Offices 2011