Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Harry Reid Emanuel Rouvelas $19,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by K&L Gates
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount RenaissanceRe Holdings $2,130,000 Overseas Shipholding Group $1,730,000 Pitney Bowes Inc $1,700,000 US Maritime Coalition $1,320,000 Radian Group $1,210,000 Sapphire Energy $1,140,000 Financial Accounting Foundation $700,000 Dredging Contractors of America $650,000 Lake Carriers' Assn $620,000 Tyonek Native Corp $560,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Science & Technology,
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.3635 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.1436 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3326 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3183 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 23, 2013 AMERICAN MARITIME PARTNERSHIP Issues related to cabotage in the United States. View registration April 23, 2013 CMS Energy Dodd-Frank Act, section 619. View registration April 4, 2013 WISER COMPANY, LLC Assist with federal business development and funding programs for geospatial intelligence products and services (no specific legislation at this time). View registration March 25, 2013 Hawaii Longline Assn Issues related to fishing vessel operations including vessel safety, crew visas and customs requirements. View registration March 8, 2013 Church Alliance Implementation of P.L. 111-148, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and P.L. 111-203, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act: definition of qualified church plan. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 27 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "K&L Gates" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for K&L Gates
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for K&L Gates
- Toggle 2 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA ANDA Suitability Petition for Dronabinol(Synthetic Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta-9-THC)) Nasal Spray 2010
- Toggle 2 NOAA Response to a Petition to List 83 Coral Species Under the ESA 2010
- Toggle 1 COE Proposal to Reissue and Modify Nationwide Permits 2010
- Toggle 1 FTC Prohibitions on Market Manipulation 2009
- Toggle 1 USCBP Final Determination Concerning an ADFLO Respiration System 2010
- Toggle 1 STB Regional Rail Right of Way Company-Abandonment Exemption-in Collin and Dallas Counties, TX; Dallas, Garland and Northeastern Railroad, Inc.-Discontinuance Exemption-in Collin and Dallas Counties, TX; Union Pacific Railroad Company-Discontinuance Exemption-in Collin and Dallas Counties, TX 2009
- Toggle 1 FMC Notice of Agreements Filed 2009
- Toggle 1 GIPSA Implementation of Regulations Required Under Title XI of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008; Conduct in Violation of the Act 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Indexed Annuities and Certain Other Insurance Contracts 2009