Campaign Finance$4,637,721 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Harry Reid Emanuel Rouvelas $19,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by K&L Gates
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Pitney Bowes Inc $6,860,000 RenaissanceRe Holdings $4,490,000 Radian Group $3,950,000 US Maritime Coalition $3,820,000 Overseas Shipholding Group $3,370,000 Sapphire Energy $2,010,000 Financial Accounting Foundation $1,840,000 Boeing Employees' Credit Union $1,620,000 Lake Carriers' Assn $1,440,000 Norwegian Cruise Line $1,440,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.3635 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.1436 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Nov. 25, 2013 TROJAN TECHNOLOGIES U.S. Coast Guard ballast water treatment regulations. View registration Nov. 19, 2013 Calgon Carbon Corp U.S. Coast Guard ballast water treatment regulations. View registration Nov. 14, 2013 CAPE FEAR VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM Medicare, Medicaid and the 340b drug program. View registration Nov. 14, 2013 Charleston Branch Pilots' Association Vessel speed limits regulation (50 C.F.R. 224). View registration Oct. 30, 2013 PACIFIC ISRAEL N.R. LTD. Funding assistance for infrastructure projects in Papua New Guinea (no legislation at this time). View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 91 dockets; Submitted to 27 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "K&L Gates" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for K&L Gates
- Toggle 4 DOT In the Matter of the Cancellation of Air Taxi Authority Issued to VIH Cougar Helicopters, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA 30-Day Structure Function Claim Notification Letters Dietary_2012 re FDA-1997-S-0039 2012
- Toggle 2 USCG 2009 Rates for Pilotage on the Great Lakes 2008
- Toggle 2 FMCSA American Trucking Associations, Inc. Application for Preemption of the City of Boston's Routing and Transportation Restrictions Applicable to the Transportation of Certain Hazardous Materials. 2008
- Toggle 1 IRS Shared Responsibility for Employers Regarding Health Coverage 2013
- Toggle 1 FDA make a determination that the withdrawal of the Reference Listed Drug (RLD), Psorcon E (diflorasone diacetate oin tment) Emollient , Ointment, 0.05%, was not for safety or effectiveness reasons. 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA ANDA Suitability for Alclometasone Dipropionate Lotion, 0.05%-CLOSED 2006
- Toggle 1 BOEM Proposed Sale Notice for Commercial Leasing for Wind Power on the Outer Continental Shelf Offshore Rhode Island and Massachusetts 2012
- Toggle 1 DARS Defense Cargo Riding Gang Members (DFARS Case 2007–D002) 2010
- Toggle 1 DOJ Office of the Attorney General; Certification Process for State Capital Counsel Systems 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for K&L Gates
- Toggle 20 DOT In the Matter of the Cancellation of Air Taxi Authority Issued to VIH Cougar Helicopters, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 6 FRA Request for Administrative Hearing - R. C. Beall - Locomotive Engineer - 49 CFR Part 240.407 2007
- Toggle 3 FDA Make a determination that Opana® ER Tablets, 7.5 mg and 15 mg were not discontinued from sale for safety or effectiveness reasons - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Levoleucovorin for injection (FUSILEV®), U.S. Patent No. 6,500,829 2008
- Toggle 3 FWS Beech Ridge Energy 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA ANDA Suitability Petition for Dronabinol(Synthetic Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta-9-THC)) Nasal Spray 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Determine Whether Opana® ER (Oxymorphone Hydrochloride) Extended-Release Tablets, 7.5 mg and 15 mg Have Been Voluntarily Withdrawn, Discontinued or Withheld From Sale for Safety or Efficacy Reasons - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NPDES - Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2008