Kirkpatrick & Lockhart
K&L; Gates LLP is a United States law firm with over 1900 attorneys worldwide and is ranked as the 9th largest lawfirm in the United States by the National Law Journal and as the 11th largest among law firms worldwide by The American Lawyer. It was formed on January 1, 2007, by the merger of Pittsburgh-based Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham with Seattle-based Preston Gates & Ellis, co-founded by William H. Gates, Sr.. This merger proved beneficial for both firms because Kirkpatrick and Lockhart Nicholson Graham had not previously had offices in Asia; likewise, Preston Gates & Ellis had not previously had offices in Europe. In January, 2008, K&L; Gates combined with Hughes & Luce, a Dallas, Texas-based firm of 150 attorneys with offices in Austin, Dallas, and Fort Worth. In July, 2008 K&L; Gates combined with Kennedy Covington Lobdell & Hickman LLP, a North Carolina-based firm of 200 attorneys with offices in Charlotte, Raleigh, and Research Triangle Park. On March 1, 2009, K&L; Gates merged with Bell, Boyd & Lloyd, a Chicago based firm with approximately 215 attorneys with offices in Chicago, San Diego and Washington, D.C.
Campaign Finance$4,750 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Kirkpatrick & Lockhart" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Kirkpatrick & Lockhart
- Toggle 2 DOT CanJet Airlines, a Division of I.M.P. Group Limited and Air Transat A.T., Inc. - Statement of Authorization - Canada-U.S. Codesharing Authority 2009
- Toggle 2 DOT Tampa Cargo, S.A. - Exemption - Colombia-St. Louis All-Cargo 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT C.A.I. Second S.p.A. - Exemption - U.S.-EU Open Skies 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA General Solicitation for Data Related to Hydraulic Fracturing 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT Alitalia - Compagnia Aerea Italiana S.p.A. - Foreign Permit - EU-U.S. Open Skies 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Gama Aviation Limited - Foreign Permit/Exemption - U.S.-European Community 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT ExecuJet Europe A/S - Foreign Permit/Exemption- EU-U.S. 2009