Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is an international law firm with headquarters in Chicago, known for its profitability and its litigation, bankruptcy, and intellectual property departments. Kirkland & Ellis is currently ranked as the eleventh most prestigious law firm in the United States by Vault. As of 2008, it was the seventh largest law firm in the U.S. and the 11th largest in the world by revenue. Kirkland has offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Munich, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.
Campaign Finance$8,628,626 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Harry Reid William S. Singer $61,725 Charles E. Schumer William S. Singer $37,600
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Kirkland & Ellis
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
RegulationsMentioned in 882 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Kirkland & Ellis" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Kirkland & Ellis
- Toggle 2 IRS Tax Return Preparer Penalties Under Sections 6694 and 6695 2008
- Toggle 1 IRS Determining the Amount of Taxes Paid for Purposes of §901 2007
- Toggle 1 IRS Circular 230-Revisions to Section 10.34 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Treat Weight Loss Claims for Dietary Supplements as Disease Claims 2008
- Toggle 1 IRS Net Investment Income Tax 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Ramipril Capsules and 180-day generic drug exclusivity 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Kirkland & Ellis
- Toggle 58 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and British Airways PLC - Approval of/and Antitrust Immunity For Alliance Agreement 1997
- Toggle 52 DOT New U.S.- Russia Opportunities 1999
- Toggle 38 DOT 98-5-27 Order Instituting Proceeding re: 1998 U.S.-Brazil Combination Service Case 1998
- Toggle 32 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Notice - U.S.-China Service Opportunities 1999
- Toggle 30 DOT New U.S. - Argentina Combination Service Opportunities 1999
- Toggle 26 DOT U.S. - China Air Services 1999
- Toggle 24 DOT Notice - 1999 U. S.-Brazil Combination Service 1999
- Toggle 20 DOT American Society of Travel Agents, Inc. and Joseph L. Galloway - Complaint - Against United Air Lines, Inc., American Airlines, Inc., et al.'s - Alleged Violations of the Act Regarding Unfair Method of Competition in Air Transportation 1999
- Toggle 18 DOT American Eagle Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Chicago O'Hare Slots - Greenville/Spartanburg South Carolina 1998
- Toggle 18 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and British Airways PLC - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - United Kingdom - United States 1999