King & Spalding
King & Spalding LLP is an American law firm celebrating 125 years of service. It was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1885 by Alexander C. King and Jack Spalding. The firm has a London-based international arm, King & Spalding International LLP, which opened in 2003.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by King & Spalding
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount JMC Steel Group $720,000 Embraer-Empresa Brasileira de Aeronautic $640,000 Bone Growth Stimulator Coalition $340,000 Cooper Industries $260,000 Amer Furniture Manuf Cmte for Legal Trad $240,000 RAI Services Co $240,000 Muscular Dystrophy Assn $240,000 Bacardi USA $210,000 Polyethylene Retail Carrier Bag Cmte $200,000 Healthcare Distribution Management Assn $195,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1166 No Stolen Trademarks Honored in America Act S.603 A bill to modify the prohibition on recognition by United States courts of certain rights relating to certain marks, trade names, or commercial names. H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 S.398 Implementation of National Consensus Appliance Agreements Act of 2011 H.R.243 Patent Lawsuit Reform Act of 2011 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary May 23, 2013 Savant HWP, Inc. Tropical disease priority review voucher program View registration April 26, 2013 Geothermal Energy Assn Renewable tax policy matters, including the extension of Section 1603 and the Production Tax Credit View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "King & Spalding" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for King & Spalding
- Toggle 1 IRS Regulations Governing Practice Before the Internal Revenue Service 2012
- Toggle 1 ITA Proposed Modification to Regulation Concerning the Use of Market Economy Input Prices in Non-Market Economy Proceedings 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Request That FDA Confirm the Agency Will Stay Approval of Abbreviated New Drug Application No. 90-363, for 30 Months Beginning on June 23, 2009 - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR CVD2 (China) (DS437) 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for King & Spalding
- Toggle 5 FDA Request That FDA Confirm the Agency Will Stay Approval of Abbreviated New Drug Application No. 90-363, for 30 Months Beginning on June 23, 2009 - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 3 USTR CVD3 (China) (DS449) 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs; Transparency Reports and Reporting of Physician Ownership or Investment Interests (CMS-5060-P) 2011
- Toggle 2 USTR CVD2 (China) (DS437) 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Request that the FDA designate Absorica™ (isotretinoin capsules) subject of NDA 021951 Held by Cipher as a second RLD for the purposes of submitting an ANDA for a duplicate version of that RLD product 2012
- Toggle 1 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Applications: Leaf River Energy Center LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 FERC Applications: Atlas Pipeline Mid-Continent WestTex, LLC, Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Disclosure of Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "King & Spalding" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee