Kinetic Concepts, Inc. (NYSE: KCI), (KCI) is a multinational corporation American medical technology company with headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. The company employs 6,700 people and markets its products in more than 20 countries.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Kinetic Concepts
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 S.1679 Affordable Health Choices Act
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Kinetic Concepts" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Kinetic Concepts
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Kinetic Concepts
- Toggle 2 EPA Addition of National Toxicology Program Carcinogens; Community Right-to-Know Toxic Chemical Release Reporting 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Device Use in the Home Environment: Implications for the Safe and Effective Use of Medical Device Technology Migrating into the Home; Public Workshop; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2005 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Competitive Acquisition for Certain Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) 2010