Kinetic Concepts, Inc. (NYSE: KCI), (KCI) is a multinational corporation American medical technology company with headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. The company employs 6,700 people and markets its products in more than 20 countries.
Campaign Finance$2,741,051 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Kinetic Concepts
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Kinetic Concepts $640,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.4935 Medicare Wound Therapy Patient Protection Act of 2007 S.3091 Medicare Wound Therapy Patient Protection Act of 2008 H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 S.1679 Affordable Health Choices Act S.2499 Medicare, Medicaid, and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007 S.3101 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 25 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Kinetic Concepts" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Kinetic Concepts
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Kinetic Concepts
- Toggle 25 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff; Hospital Bed System Dimensional Guidance to Reduce Entrapment 2004
- Toggle 2 FDA Standards for Standardized Numerical Identifier, Track and Trace, and Authentication for Prescription Drugs 2008
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Addition of National Toxicology Program Carcinogens; Community Right-to-Know Toxic Chemical Release Reporting 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Device Use in the Home Environment: Implications for the Safe and Effective Use of Medical Device Technology Migrating into the Home; Public Workshop; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-regulatory organizations; proposed rule changes: NASDAQ Stock Market LLC 2007
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-regulatory organizations; proposed rule changes: International Securities Exchange, LLC 2007
- Toggle 1 SEC Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals 2008
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012