Kia Motors Corp
Kia Motors (Korean: 기아자동차, IPA: [ki.a]) is South Korea's second largest automobile manufacturer, having sold over 1.6 million cars in 2009.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$3,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Kia Motors Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Kia Motors Corp $2,930,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Automotive Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.2 Middle Class Opportunity Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 59 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Kia Motors Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Kia Motors Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Kia Motors Corp
- Toggle 27 EPA Light-Duty Vehicle Emission Defect Information Reports 2005
- Toggle 16 NHTSA New Car Assessment Program Side Impact Testing (Side Impact NCAP) 1998
- Toggle 15 NHTSA New Car Assessment Program Frontal Impact Testing (NCAP) 1999
- Toggle 13 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Request for Comments 2001
- Toggle 12 NHTSA Model Year 2014 Test Reports 2013
- Toggle 9 NHTSA Technical Admendment to 49 CFR Part 541 2009
- Toggle 8 NHTSA Side Airbag Letter and Responses 1999
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Model Year 2011 Test Reports 2010
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Model Year 2012 Test Reports 2011
- Toggle 6 NHTSA New Car Assessment Program Validation Testing 2009