Kansas State University
Kansas State University of Agriculture and Applied Science, commonly shortened to Kansas State University or K-State, is an institution of higher learning located in Manhattan, Kansas, in the United States. The university saw a record high enrollment of 23,588 students for the Fall 2010 semester.
Campaign Finance$118,226 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Kansas State University
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Government Issues
RegulationsMentioned in 519 dockets; Submitted to 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Kansas State University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Kansas State University
- Toggle 2 APHIS Agricultural Bioterrorism Protection Act of 2002; Biennial Review and Republication of the Select Agent and Toxin List 2007
- Toggle 2 ED Title IV Loans 2007
- Toggle 2 APHIS Availability of an Environmental Assessment for Field Tests of Rice Genetically Engineered to Express Lactoferrin, Lysozyme, or Serum Albumin 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Pesticide Products; Registration Applications 2002
- Toggle 2 FDA New Animal Drugs; Cephalosporin Drugs; Extralabel Animal Drug Use; Order of Prohibition 2008
- Toggle 2 NIFA Administrative Guidance for Multistate Extension Activities and Integrated Research and Extension Activities 2010
- Toggle 2 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean GE'd for Dicamba Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 1 CFTC Comments for Proposed Rule 75 FR 65586 2010
- Toggle 1 CDC Possession, Use, and Transfer of Select Agents and Toxins; Biennial Review 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS Notice of Availability of a National Animal Health Laboratory Network Reorganization Concept Paper 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Kansas State University
- Toggle 178 AMS Mandatory Country of Origin Labeling: Beef, etc. 2013
- Toggle 73 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 41 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 21 APHIS Official Animal Identificaction Numbering Systems 2007
- Toggle 19 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 19 APHIS Regulatory Status of Alfalfa Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2007
- Toggle 19 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Process for Exempting Critical Use of Methyl Bromide 2003
- Toggle 17 FDA Penicillin in Animal Feeds 1977
- Toggle 15 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 15 EPA Sulfuryl Fluoride; Pesticide Tolerance 2005
|2010||$4,000,000||Kansas State University: Armed Forces Health and Food Supply Research|
Kansas State University:
Unmanned Aerial Systems Mission Planning and Operation Center
|2010||$2,400,000||Kansas State University M2 Technologies: Expeditionary Capabilities Laboratory|
|2010||$1,600,000||Kansas State University: Biosecurity Research for Soldier Food Safety|
|2010||$1,090,000||Texas AgriLife Research Kansas State University: Air Quality, KS, TX|
|2008||$1,057,000||Kansas State University, Iowa State University, and University of Arkansas: Animal Science Food Safety Consortium, AR, IA, KS|
|2010||$1,000,000||Kansas State University, Iowa State University, and University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture: Animal Science Food Safety Consortium, AR, IA, KS|
|2010||$1,000,000||Kansas State University: Wheat Genetic Research, KS|
|2010||$800,000||Kansas State University: Armed Forces Health and Food Supply Research|
|2010||$500,000||Kansas State University: Water Conservation, KS|
Federal Spending122 grants; 8 contracts; 168 loans
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Kansas State University||2009||National Institute Of Food And Agriculture||4-H/Army Youth Development Project-KS||$9,886,272|
|Kansas State University||2011||National Institute Of Food And Agriculture||4-H Military Partnerships: 4-H Army Youth Development Project||$7,927,916|
|Kansas State University||2013||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,196,930|
|Kansas State University||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,185,552|
|Kansas State University||2011||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,821,030|
|Kansas State University||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,687,079|
|Kansas State University||2011||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,511,599|
|Kansas State University||2004||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,294,162|
|Kansas State University||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,274,555|
|Kansas State University||2005||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,229,379|
Advisory Committees239 people on 93 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Kansas State University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 199 people on 68 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 19 people on 14 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 12 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 4 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Archives and Records Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee