Kaiser Foundation Health Plan
Campaign Finance$146,978 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Kaiser Foundation Health Plan $11,438,590 Permanente Federation $160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1206 Medicare Drug Savings Act of 2011 H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 S.248 Empowering States to Innovate Act S.726 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act H.R.904 Medicaid Prescription Drug Rebate Equalization Act of 2009 H.R.1370 To repeal the annual fee on health insurance providers enacted by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. H.R.2190 Medicare Drug Savings Act of 2011 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act H.R.2676 Small Business Health Relief Act of 2011 H.R.1020 Arbitration Fairness Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 153 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Kaiser Foundation Health Plan" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan
- Toggle 3 OSHA TUBERCULOSIS 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Requesting FDA to Revise its Standards, Procedures and Guidelines for the Development, Implementation, and Evaluation of Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies ("REMS") Programs to Comply Fully With Section 505-1 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 1 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS 2006
- Toggle 1 Community Health Needs Assessments for Charitable Hospitals 2013
- Toggle 1 IRS User Fees Relating to Enrollment and Preparer Tax Identification Numbers 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA ERGONOMICS 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan
- Toggle 8 OSHA TUBERCULOSIS 2006
- Toggle 7 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in State and Local Government Services 2008
- Toggle 6 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare Advantage Program (Title II) 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2014 (CMS-9964-P) 2012
- Toggle 3 OSHA ERGONOMICS 2006
- Toggle 3 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Requesting FDA to Revise its Standards, Procedures and Guidelines for the Development, Implementation, and Evaluation of Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies ("REMS") Programs to Comply Fully With Section 505-1 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
Federal Spending2 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Kaiser Foundation Health Plan||2002||National Institutes Of Health||$1,462,000|
|Kaiser Foundation Health Plan||2001||National Institutes Of Health||$1,154,000|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Casmalia Resources - A. O. Smith Corporation||Kaiser Foundation Health Plan (+25 others)||2006||Casmalia, Ca||$1,800,000|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Kaiser Foundation Health Plan" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 2 committees