JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a global securities, investment banking and retail banking firm. It is a major provider of financial services, with assets of $2 trillion, and is the U.S. banking institution having the second largest market capitalization and third largest domestic deposit base (behind Wells Fargo and Bank of America). The hedge fund unit of JPMorgan Chase is the largest hedge fund in the United States with $53.5 billion in assets as of the end of 2009. It was formed in 2000, when Chase Manhattan Corporation merged with J.P. Morgan & Co.
Campaign Finance$27,018,400 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of JPMorgan Chase & Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount JPMorgan Chase & Co $75,129,775 JP Morgan Securities $1,826,124 Bear Stearns $1,320,000 Bank One Corp $1,135,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.3045 Dominican Republic-Central America-United States Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act H.R.3375 Financial Data Security Act of 2005 H.R.3140 Consumer Data Security and Notification Act of 2005 S.256 Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 H.R.685 Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 H.R.749 Expanded Access to Financial Services Act of 2005
RegulationsMentioned in 63 dockets; Submitted to 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "JPMorgan Chase & Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Toggle 3 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Simplification of Extension Process 2008
- Toggle 1 EBSA Prohibited Transaction Exemption for Provision of Investment Advice to Individual Retirement and Similar Plans 2006
- Toggle 1 Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Suspension of SNAP Benefit Payments to Retailers 2013
- Toggle 1 OTS Minimum Capital Ratios: Deduction of Goodwill Net of Assciated Deferred Tax Liability 2008
- Toggle 1 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Minimum Capital Ratios; Capital Adequacy Guidelines; Capital Maintenance; Capital: Treatment of Certain Claims on, or Guaranteed By, the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac) 2008
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Minimum Captial Ratios; Capital Adequacy Guidelines; Capital Maintenance; Capital: Deduction of Goodwill Net of Associated Deferred Tax Liability 2008
- Toggle 1 OTS Community Reinvestment Act Regulations 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Toggle 2 EPA General Solicitation for Data Related to Hydraulic Fracturing 2010
- Toggle 2 FAA Congestion and Delayed Reduction at Chicago O'Hare International Airport 2005
- Toggle 2 Oil and Gas; Hydraulic Fracturing on Federal and Indian Lands 2013
- Toggle 1 Registration of Municipal Advisors 2013
- Toggle 1 Combined Filings 2013
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: International Securities Exchange, LLC 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Grantings of Requests for Early Terminations of Waiting Periods under Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Reports, Forms and Record Keeping Requirements; Agency Information Collection Activity Under OMB Review 2011
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Jp Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.||Jp Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.||2007||Bald Knob, Wv||$1,300,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "JPMorgan Chase & Co" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee