Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) is a global American pharmaceutical, medical devices and consumer packaged goods manufacturer founded in 1886. Its common stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the company is listed among the Fortune 500.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Johnson & Johnson
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Johnson & Johnson Shared Svcs $11,470,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1041 Fairness in Medicare Bidding Act H.R.2359 Safe Cosmetics Act of 2011 H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 S.1002 Safe Doses Act H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 S.1577 Greater Research Opportunities With Tax Help Act H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 H.R.488 Save Our Medical Devices Act of 2011 H.R.605 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act
RegulationsMentioned in 73 dockets; Submitted to 27 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Johnson & Johnson" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Johnson & Johnson
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff Processing/Reprocessing Medical Devices in Health Care Settings Validation Methods and Labeling; Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry, Clinical Investigators, and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Design Considerations for Pivotal Clinical Investigations for Medical Devices; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Evaluation of Sex Differences in Medical Device Clinical Studies; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Medical Device Classification Product Codes; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; The 510(k) Program: Evaluating Substantial Equivalence in Premarket Notifications [510(k)]; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; 510(k) Device Modifications: Deciding When to Submit a 510(k) for a Change to an Existing Device 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Clinical Pharmacogenomics: Premarketing Evaluation in Early Phase Clinical Studies; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for EDURANT™ (rilpivirine) U.S. Patent No. 7,125,879 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Acceptance and Filing Review for Premarket Approval Applications (PMAs); Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 OFPP Improving Contracting Officers’ Access to Relevant Integrity Information 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Johnson & Johnson
- Toggle 5 FDA To Immediately Revoke the Pediatric Indication for Risperdal® all Generic Version of Risperidone, and Invega® 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for EDURANT™ (rilpivirine) U.S. Patent No. 7,125,879 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for LASTACAFT™ (alcaftadine ophthalmic solution), U.S. Patent No. 5,468,743 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicaid Program; Covered Outpatient Drugs (CMS-2345-P) 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Post-Approval Studies 2012 Workshop: Design, Methodology, and Role in Evidence Appraisal throughout the Total Product Life Cycle 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Establish Comprehensive, Clear and Binding Regulations to Guide The Industry Relating to New Uses of Marketed Drugs and Medical Devices 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Emergency Petition Seeking Suspension of Registration for Clothianidin 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Proposed Changes to the Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs for Contract Year 2013 and Other Proposed Changes; Considering Changes to the Conditions of Participation for Long Term Care Facilities 2011
- Toggle 2 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
Advisory Committees8 people on 8 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Johnson & Johnson" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee