Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) is a global American pharmaceutical, medical devices and consumer packaged goods manufacturer founded in 1886. Its common stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the company is listed among the Fortune 500.
Campaign Finance$24,171,354 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Johnson & Johnson
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Johnson & Johnson $40,500,000 Johnson & Johnson Shared Svcs $29,575,000 LifeScan Inc $395,000 Centocor Inc $340,000 Centocor Ortho Biotech Services $30,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1616 Early Treatment for HIV Act of 2009 H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 S.301 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2009 H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1591 Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2007 S.882 Drug and Device Accountability Act of 2009 S.2029 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2007 H.R.4 Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act of 2007 H.R.1041 Fairness in Medicare Bidding Act H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 405 dockets; Submitted to 73 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Johnson & Johnson" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Johnson & Johnson
- Toggle 4 FDA Labeling for Human Prescription Drug/Biologic Products-CLOSED 2000
- Toggle 4 FDA Sunscreen Drug Products 1978
- Toggle 3 FDA Guidance for Industry: Technical Considerations for PEN, JET, and Related Injectors Intended for use With Drugs and Biological Products; Availability 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Labeling Restrictions for Ibuprofen on an Over-the-Counter (OTC) Basis 1984
- Toggle 2 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff Processing/Reprocessing Medical Devices in Health Care Settings Validation Methods and Labeling; Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Investigators on Safety Reporting Requirements for INDs and BA/BE Studies; Availability 2010
- Toggle 2 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH); Request for Nominations and Meetings for 2009 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry, Clinical Investigators, and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Design Considerations for Pivotal Clinical Investigations for Medical Devices; Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 FNS Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Johnson & Johnson
- Toggle 29 FDA Sunscreen Drug Products 1978
- Toggle 25 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) 2005
- Toggle 25 NHTSA Reforming the Automobile Fuel Economy Standards Program; (CAFE) Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 20 FDA Health-Care Antiseptic Drug Products for Over-the-Counter (OTC) Human Use 1975
- Toggle 14 OSHA BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS 2006
- Toggle 11 FDA Patent Extension Application for INVEGA (paliperidone), U.S. Patent No. 5,158,952 2007
- Toggle 10 OSHA ETHYLENE OXIDE 2006
- Toggle 8 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for INTELENCE (etravirine), U.S. Patent No. 7,037,917 2008
- Toggle 8 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for DORIBAX (doripenem), U.S. Patent No. 5,317,016 - CLOSED 2008
- Toggle 8 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System - Regulations To Establish Requirements for Cooling Water Intake Structures at Phase II Existing Facilities 2002
EPA Violations4 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|3m Company||Johnson & Johnson (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|Advanced Environmental Technology Corp.||Johnson & Johnson (+13 others)||2007||Sayreville Boro, Nj; ...||$9,863,579|
|3m Company Et Al.||Johnson & Johnson (+67 others)||2004||Carlstadt, Nj||$8,649,902|
|Casmalia Resources - Abc Unified School District||Johnson & Johnson (+256 others)||2006||Casmalia, Ca||$4,346,984|
Advisory Committees25 people on 23 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Johnson & Johnson" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 14 people on 10 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 4 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 5 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee