Johnson Controls, Inc. (NYSE: JCI) is a company, based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. It was founded in 1885 by professor Warren S. Johnson, inventor of the first electric room thermostat.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Johnson Controls
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Johnson Controls $927,500
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1062 Burdensome Data Collection Relief Act H.R.4017 Smart Energy Act H.R.2599 PACE Assessment Protection Act of 2011 H.R.5414 To suspend temporarily the duty on lead-acid storage 12-volt batteries. H.R.5418 To suspend temporarily the duty on lithium-ion batteries. H.R.5421 To suspend temporarily the duty on certain electric storage batteries. H.R.221 Noose Hate Crime Act of 2011 S.2 Middle Class Success Act S.4 Make America the World's Leader in Clean Energy Act
RegulationsMentioned in 63 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Johnson Controls" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Johnson Controls
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Alternative Efficiency Determination Methods and Alternate Rating Methods 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Johnson Controls Battery Group, Inc. - Permit to Transport Hazardous Materials 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Commercial Building Asset Rating 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Johnson Controls
- Toggle 24 EPA NESHAP for Secondary Lead Smelting Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 14 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Enforcement of Regional Standards for Residential Furnaces and Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2011
- Toggle 4 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 3 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; FAR Case 2011-001; Organizational Conflicts of Interest 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 3 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011