J Street is a nonprofit liberal advocacy group based in the United States whose stated aim is to promote American leadership to end the Arab-Israeli and Israel-Palestinian conflicts peacefully and diplomatically. It was founded in April 2008.
Campaign Finance$15,220 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Russ Feingold $98,490
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of J Street
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount J Street $1,410,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Foreign Relations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2829 United Nations Transparency, Accountability, and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2194 Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act of 2010 H.RES.394 Supporting Israel's right to annex Judea and Samaria in the event that the Palestinian Authority continues to press for unilateral recognition of Palestinian statehood at the United Nations. H.R.5327 United States-Israel Missile Defense Cooperation and Support Act H.RES.130 H.RES.1277 H.RES.1359 S.908 Iran Refined Petroleum Sanctions Act H.R.4173 Prevent Iran from Acquiring Nuclear Weapons and Stop War Through Diplomacy Act H.R.4229 Iron Dome Support Act
RegulationsMentioned in 787 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "J Street" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for J Street
- Toggle 114 NHTSA National Academy of Science Study and Future Fuel Economy Improvements Model Years 2005-2010 2002
- Toggle 41 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 27 EPA Rule to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone ;Clean Air Interstate Rule, (CAIR) 2003
- Toggle 23 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
- Toggle 19 FMCSA WSC - In the Matter of Manjeet Singh Jagpal d.b.a. Roadway Transpro Inc. - Motion for Final Order 2000
- Toggle 17 FAA Notice of Intent to Prepare and Environmental Impact Statement and Public Scoping for Grand Canyon Overflights 2005
- Toggle 17 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) 2005
- Toggle 16 EPA Draft Prevention of Significant Deterioration Permit for Avenal Energy Project (SJ 08-01) 2009
- Toggle 14 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 13 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011