Iowa Telecommunications Services, Inc., commonly known as Iowa Telecom, provides local telephone service to former GTE customers in Iowa. Iowa Telecom was founded in 1999 as a partnership between Iowa Network Services and ING Barings. It acquired the assets of GTE Midwest that served Iowa following Bell Atlantic's purchase of GTE. It currently has 257,700 access lines and serves 435 communities in Iowa. On June 1, 2010 Iowa Telecom was acquired by Windstream.
Campaign Finance$81,445 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Iowa Telecom
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Computers & Information Tech,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Iowa Telecom" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Iowa Telecom
- Toggle 2 RUS Rural Broadband Access Loans and Loan Guarantees Unknown
- Toggle 1 FEMA Proposed Flood Elevation Determinations (Proposed Rule, Part 67); Changes in Flood Elevation Determinations (Interim Rule, Part 65); Final Flood Elevation Determinations (Final Rule, Part 67); Changes in Flood Elevation Determinations (Final Rule, Part 65); Flood Elevation Determination (Correction) ; Suspension of Community Eligibility (Final Rule) 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Revisions to the Requirements for Transboundary Shipments of Wastes between OECD Countries and for Export Shipments of Spent Lead Acid Batteries 2005
- Toggle 1 FCC Petition of South Slope for Classification as an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier in the Oxford, Tiffin and Solon, IA Exchanges; Section 251(h)(2) 2008
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and Availability of the Framework Document for Automatic Commercial Ice-Makers 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Certain Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Commercial Heating, Air Conditioning, and Water-Heating Equipment 2011