Investment Co Institute
The Investment Company Institute (ICI) is the national association of U.S. investment companies. ICI encourages adherence to high ethical standards, promotes public understanding of funds and investing, and advances the interests of investment funds and their shareholders, directors, and advisers.
Campaign Finance$10,707,009 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Blanche Lincoln $31,400 David Wu $18,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Investment Co Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Investment Co Institute $77,242,238
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Computers & Information Tech
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3185 401(k) Fair Disclosure for Retirement Security Act of 2007 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.2989 401(k) Fair Disclosure and Pension Security Act of 2009 H.R.4337 Regulated Investment Company Modernization Act of 2010 H.R.4912 H.R.1984 401(k) Fair Disclosure for Retirement Security Act of 2009 H.R.2830 Pension Protection Act of 2005 H.R.3765 Defined Contribution Plan Fee Transparency Act of 2007 S.1082 Generate Retirement Ownership Through Long-Term Holding Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 362 dockets; Submitted to 32 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Investment Co Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Investment Co Institute
- Toggle 3 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 3 IRS Automatic Contribution Arrangements 2007
- Toggle 3 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 2 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 2 FSOC Authority To Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2011
- Toggle 2 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
- Toggle 2 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 2 IRS Basis Reporting by Securities Brokers & Basis Determination for Stock 2009
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Swap Exclusion for Section 1256 Contracts 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Investment Co Institute
- Toggle 33 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 11 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 8 EBSA Investment Advice—Participants and Beneficiaries 2008
- Toggle 7 EBSA Fiduciary Requirements for Disclosure in Participant-Directed Individual Account Plans; Proposed Rule 2008
- Toggle 6 EBSA Request for Information Regarding Lifetime Income Options for Participants and Beneficiaries in Retirement Plans 2010
- Toggle 6 FSOC Authority To Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2011
- Toggle 6 EBSA Reasonable Contract or Arrangement Under Section 408(b)(2)—Fee Disclosure; Proposed Rule 2007
- Toggle 5 Pension Benefit Statements 2013
- Toggle 5 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
- Toggle 4 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011