International Paper (NYSE: IP) is an American pulp and paper company, the largest such company in the world. It has approximately 51,500 employees, and it is headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of International Paper
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount International Paper $6,870,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 S.1392 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.2309 Postal Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2 Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act H.R.62 International Tax Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.64 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to prevent corporations from exploiting tax treaties to evade taxation of United States income. H.R.134 To amend the Internal Revenue Code to make permanent the credit for increasing research activities. H.R.516 Bring Jobs Back to America Act H.R.749 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the subpart F exemption for active financing income.
RegulationsMentioned in 97 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "International Paper" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for International Paper
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for International Paper
- Toggle 9 EPA Regional Haze - OR - BART Revision & 110 Transport 2010 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA NY Regional Haze SIP 2012
- Toggle 7 EPA OR Regional Haze Reasonable Progress Long Term Strategy 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Virginia- State Implementation Plan (SIP) and Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Analysis and Permit for Regional Haze 2011
- Toggle 4 APHIS ArborGen, LLC; Availability of an Environmental Assessment for Controlled Release of a Genetically Engineered Eucalyptus Hybrid 2011
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Support Material for Quiet Vehicle Alert Sound Rulemaking 2011
Federal Spending1 contract; 1 loan
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|International Paper Company||2011||Foreign Agricultural Service||Export Credit Guarantee Prgm; CCC underwrites credit extended by private US banks for purchases of US food and Ag products by foreign buyers.||$2,913,398|
|International Paper Company||2012||Federal Aviation Administration||PAPER TYGER CHART PAPER PRINTING OF THE SECTIONAL, TERMINAL AND HELICOPTER CHARTS TAS::69 1301::TAS||$1,478,000|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|City Of Newburgh Et Al.||International Paper Company (+89 others)||2011||Newburgh, Ny||$12,764,875|