International Franchise Assn
The International Franchise Association is the world's oldest and largest organization representing franchising. Founded in 1960, it is a Washington, DC based trade group and non-profit association that represents a growing membership of more than 1,300 franchise systems, 10,000-plus franchisees and more than 500 firms that supply goods and services to the industry.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of International Franchise Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount International Franchise Assn $1,084,148
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Travel & Tourism,
- Small Business,
- Health Issues,
- Food Industry,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.20 American Job Protection Act H.R.1744 American Job Protection Act S.156 Water Heater Rating Improvement Act of 2011 S.687 A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the 15-year recovery period for qualified leasehold improvement property, qualified restaurant property, and qualified retail improvement property. H.R.1265 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the 15-year recovery period for qualified leasehold improvement property, qualified restaurant property, and qualified retail improvement property. H.R.2885 Legal Workforce Act H.R.9 Small Business Tax Cut Act H.R.2888 Help Veterans Own Franchises Act S.1540 Help Veterans Own Franchises Act H.R.465 Veterans Self-Employment Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "International Franchise Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for International Franchise Assn
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for International Franchise Assn
- Toggle 9 WHD Application of the Fair Labor Standards Act to Domestic Service 2011
- Toggle 4 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 3 HHS Exchange Functions in the Individual Market: Eligibility Determinations; Standards for Verification of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage, Employer Appeals, and Employer SHOP Participation 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 2 ETA Temporary Non-agricultural Employment of H-2B Aliens in the United States 2011
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Semiannual Regulatory Agenda - Fall 2011 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Uniform Disclosure to Consumers: Benefit Design, Cost Sharing, & Standards for Definitions 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012