International Assn of Fire Chiefs
The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) is a network of more than 12,000 chief fire and emergency officers. The Association was established in 1873. The Executive Director is Mark W. Light. The Deputy Executive Director is Mary Beth Michos. It is based in Fairfax, Virginia.
Campaign Finance$1,500 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of International Assn of Fire Chiefs
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount International Assn of Fire Chiefs $284,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Natural Resources,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.550 Fire Grants Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1792 Fire Sprinkler Incentive Act H.R.2269 Fire Grants Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.2353 Volunteer Responder Incentive Protection Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.933 Volunteer Responder Incentive Protection Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.1035 Fire Sprinkler Incentive Act of 2011 H.R.1199 Campus Fire Safety Education Act of 2011 H.R.2630 Volunteer Firefighter Fairness Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "International Assn of Fire Chiefs" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for International Assn of Fire Chiefs
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Pipeline Safety Excess Flow Valves in Applications Other than Single Family Residences in Gas Distribution Systems 2011
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Rail Petitions and Recommendations to Improve the Safety of Railroad Tank Car Transportation 2012
- Toggle 2 FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program 2012 2012
- Toggle 1 OJP Public Safety Officers’ Benefits Program 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response 2011
- Toggle 1 FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program 2011