InterContinental Hotels Group
InterContinental Hotels Group plc (IHG) (LSE: IHG, NYSE: IHG) is a global hotels company headquartered in Denham, United Kingdom. It is the largest hotels company in the world measured by number of rooms (with 646,000 as of January 2010), and has over 4,500 hotels in over 100 countries. Its brands include InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. Around 3,800 of the company's hotels operate under franchise agreements, around 630 are managed by the company and 16 are owned.
Campaign Finance$118,628 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of InterContinental Hotels Group
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Travel & Tourism,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Government Issues,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3232 Travel Promotion Act of 2007 S.1661 Travel Promotion Act of 2007 H.R.2935 Travel Promotion Act of 2009 H.R.3232 PROFIT Act of 2009 S.1023 Travel Promotion Act of 2009 S.1661 Senior Investment Protection Act of 2009 H.R.29 Securely Protect Yourself Against Cyber Trespass Act H.R.744 Internet Spyware (I-SPY) Prevention Act of 2005 H.R.4437 Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005 S.687 Software Principles Yielding Better Levels of Consumer Knowledge Act
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "InterContinental Hotels Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for InterContinental Hotels Group
- Toggle 1 EPA Preliminary 2010 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2008
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 1 FHWA Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental Policy Foundation 2006
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 RBS Repowering Assistance Payments to Eligible Biorefineries Unknown
- Toggle 1 FSOC Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Regarding Authority to Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2010
- Toggle 1 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by Public Accommodations and in Commercial Facilities 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT 2005 Los Angeles-Mexico City Combination Service Proceeding 2005
- Toggle 1 DOJ Delaying the Compliance Date for Certain Requirements of the Regulations Implementing Titles II and III of the Americans With Disabilities Act 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH); Request for Nominations and Meetings for 2010 2010
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Intercontinental Hotels Group||2006||U.S. Coast Guard||TEMPORARY EMERGENCY LODGING||$1,346,800|