Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC; SEHK: 4335; Euronext: INCO) is an American global technology company and the world's largest semiconductor chip maker, based on revenue. It is the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in most personal computers. Intel was founded on July 18, 1968, as Integrated Electronics Corporation (though a common misconception is that "Intel" is from the word intelligence) and is based in Santa Clara, California, USA. Intel also makes motherboard chipsets, network interface controllers and integrated circuits, flash memory, graphic chips, embedded processors and other devices related to communications and computing. Founded by semiconductor pioneers Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore and widely associated with the executive leadership and vision of Andrew Grove, Intel combines advanced chip design capability with a leading-edge manufacturing capability. Originally known primarily to engineers and technologists, Intel's "Intel Inside" advertising campaign of the 1990s made it and its Pentium processor household names.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Intel Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Intel Corp $7,532,290
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.413 Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act H.R.3523 Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 H.R.4263 SECURE IT Act of 2012 H.R.3012 Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act H.R.611 BEST PRACTICES Act H.R.3674 Promoting and Enhancing Cybersecurity and Information Sharing Effectiveness Act of 2012 S.1857 Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act S.2105 Cybersecurity Act of 2012 H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.2161 IDEA Act of 2011
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary May 19, 2015 Locke Liddell Strategies Free trade legislation and TPA, TPP, TTIP Telehealth, Precision medicine, Interoperability Patent litigation reform Immigration reform View registration March 25, 2015 Alpine Group Internet of Things (IoT), Spectrum issues View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 240 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Intel Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Intel Corp
- Toggle 2 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Bangladesh GSP Review 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Intel Corp
- Toggle 16 EPA Proposed Confidentiality Determinations for Eight Subparts of the Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 8 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
- Toggle 7 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 7 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
- Toggle 7 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Federal Implementation Plan for Oil and Natural Gas Well Production Facilities; Fort Berthold Indian Reservation (Mandan, Hidatsa, and Arikara Nations), North Dakota 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 5 USCIS Enhancing Opportunities for H-1B1, CW-1, and E-3 Nonimmigrants and EB-1 Immigrants 2012
- Toggle 5 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Rail Petitions and Recommendations to Improve the Safety of Railroad Tank Car Transportation 2012
Federal Spending8 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Intel Corporation||2012||Dept Of Defense||RESEARCH||$3,931,532|
|Intel Corporation||2011||National Security Agency/Central Security Service||RESEARCH||$2,998,221|
|Intel Corporation||2012||National Security Agency/Central Security Service||RESEARCH||$2,847,437|
|Intel Corporation||2011||Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa)||RUNNEMEDE (UBIQUITOUS HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING) PROGRAM||$2,631,674|
|Intel Corporation||2011||Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa)||RUNNEMEDE (UBIQUITOUS HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING) PROGRAM||$2,143,910|
|Intel Corporation||2011||Dept Of The Air Force||Information Technology Research Period of Performance: mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd//yyyy In Reference to: BAA-USAFA-2009-1||$1,927,036|
|Intel Corporation||2011||Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa)||RUNNEMEDE (UBIQUITOUS HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING) PROGRAM||$1,313,709|
|Intel Corporation||2012||National Institutes Of Health||SINGLE MOLECULE REAL TIME ELECTRONIC SEQUENCING||$1,245,933|
Advisory Committees30 people on 23 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Intel Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 20 people on 9 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 6 people on 8 committees
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee