Institute of Makers of Explosives
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Institute of Makers of Explosives
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Institute of Makers of Explosives $820,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Trucking & Shipping
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.908 Full Implementation of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Act H.R.3011 Transportation Security Administration Authorization Act of 2011 S.473 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 H.R.3116 Department of Homeland Security Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 S.1546 Department of Homeland Security Authorization Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21 S.1952 Hazardous Materials Transportation Safety Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 31 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Institute of Makers of Explosives" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Institute of Makers of Explosives
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Special Permit SOP and Evaulation 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Rail Petitions and Recommendations to Improve the Safety of Railroad Tank Car Transportation 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Assessment of Hazardous Materials Incident Data Collection, Analysis, Reporting, and Use 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Minimal Level of Fitness; Public Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Amendment to Agency Rules of Practice - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Standard Improvement Project, Phase IV ("SIP IV") 2012
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Patterns of Safety Violations by Motor Carrier Management 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Improvements to the Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) Motor Carrier Safety Measurement System (SMS) 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Incorporation of Special Permits Authorizing the Transportation of Bulk Explosives 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA United States-Canada Regulatory Cooperation Council (RCC) – Transportation – Dangerous Goods Working Group 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Institute of Makers of Explosives
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Incorporation of Special Permits Authorizing the Transportation of Bulk Explosives 2011
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Special Permit SOP and Evaulation 2012
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Institute of Makers of Explosives - Petition for Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 3 OSHA Review/Lookback of OSHA Chemical Standards 2012
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Rail Petitions and Recommendations to Improve the Safety of Railroad Tank Car Transportation 2012
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Assessment of Hazardous Materials Incident Data Collection, Analysis, Reporting, and Use 2012
- Toggle 2 FRA Track Safety Standards; Improvements to Inspections 2011
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Patterns of Safety Violations by Motor Carrier Management 2011
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Amendment to Agency Rules of Practice - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 2 FRA Revisions to Passenger Train Emergency Preparedness Regulations (Part 239 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Institute of Makers of Explosives" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee