Institute of Makers of Explosives
Campaign Finance$298,278 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Institute of Makers of Explosives
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Institute of Makers of Explosives $885,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.908 Full Implementation of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Act H.R.2868 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Act of 2009 H.R.3011 Transportation Security Administration Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.4016 Hazardous Material Transportation Safety Act of 2009 S.473 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 H.R.2200 Transportation Security Administration Authorization Act H.R.3619 Coast Guard Authorization Act for Fiscal Years 2010 and 2011 S.2996 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2010 H.R.2477 Chemical Facility Security Authorization Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 196 dockets; Submitted to 57 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Institute of Makers of Explosives" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Institute of Makers of Explosives
- Toggle 4 TSA Security Threat Assessment for Individuals Applying for a Hazardous Materials Endorsement for a Commercial Driver's License 2003
- Toggle 3 OSHA OSHA Stakeholder Meeting 2010
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2005
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Harmonization With the United Nations Recommendations, International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code, and International Civil Aviation Organization's Technical Instructions - Notice and Request for Comments 2006
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Enhancing Rail Transportation Security for Toxic Inhalation 2004
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Security and Hazardous Materials Requirements 2002
- Toggle 2 DOT Notice of Regulatory Review of Existing DOT Regulations 2011
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Chemical Waste Transport Institute - Application for Preemption Determination 2003
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers: Institute of Makers of Explosives (IME) Application for Exemption 2006
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Improvements to Harzardous Materials Identification Systems 1992
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Institute of Makers of Explosives
- Toggle 22 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers: Institute of Makers of Explosives (IME) Application for Exemption 2006
- Toggle 15 EPA Testing of Certain High Production Volume Chemicals 2005
- Toggle 14 OSHA PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT OF HIGHLY HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS 2006
- Toggle 13 PHMSA Applicability of Hazardous Materials Regulations to Loading, Unloading and Storage 1998
- Toggle 11 FRA Railroad Safety Advisory Committee 2000
- Toggle 9 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Harmonization with International Standards 2009
- Toggle 8 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 8 PHMSA Reducing the Risk of Hazardous Materials Incidents During Load and Unload Operations - Notice of Public Workshop 2007
- Toggle 8 PHMSA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2005
- Toggle 8 DHS Secure Handling of Ammonium Nitrate Program 2008
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Institute of Makers of Explosives" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee