Infectious Diseases Society of America
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a medical association representing physicians, scientists and other health care professionals who specialize in infectious diseases. As of 2010, IDSA had approximately 9,000 members. IDSA’s stated purpose is to improve the health of individuals, communities, and society by promoting excellence in patient care, education, research, public health, and prevention relating to infectious diseases.
Campaign Finance$750 Given
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Infectious Diseases Society of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Infectious Diseases Society of America $872,159
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
RegulationsMentioned in 47 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Infectious Diseases Society of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Toggle 2 CDC Draft Action Plan – A Public Health Action Plan to Combat Antimicrobial- Resistance 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Antimicrobial Animal Drug Sales and Distribution Reporting 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Revising Approved Conditions of Use for New Animal Drugs and New Animal Drug Combination Products Administered in or on Medicated Feed or Drinking Water of Food-Producing Animals to Align with GFI #209; Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Approach to Addressing Drug Shortage; Public Workshop, Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry, Food and Drug Administration Staff, and Clinical Laboratories; Framework for Regulatory Oversight of Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs); Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Applications for Food and Drug Administration Approval to Market a New Drug; Revision of Postmarketing Reporting Requirements--Discontinuance 2011
- Toggle 1 CDC Influenza viruses containing the Hemagglutinin from the Goose/Guangdong/1/96 lineage, Request for Information and Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
- Toggle 1 CDC Assessing the Current Research, Policy, and Practice Environment in Public Health Genomics 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Advancing Regulatory Science for Highly Multiplexed Microbiology/Medical Countermeasure Devices; Public Meeting 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Toggle 7 FDA Establishing a List of Qualifying Pathogens That Have the Potential to Pose a Serious Threat to Public Health; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 5 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 5 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 4 CDC Recommendations for the Identification of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Chronic Infection 2012
- Toggle 4 CMS FY 2012 Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and FY 2012 Rates 2011
- Toggle 4 CDC Draft Action Plan – A Public Health Action Plan to Combat Antimicrobial- Resistance 2011
- Toggle 4 FDA Creating an Alternative Approval Pathway for Certain Drugs Intended to Address Unmet Medical Need; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 4 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections: Developing Drugs for Treatment; Availability 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Reform of Hospital and Critical Access Hospitals Conditions of Participation 2011