Indiana University is a multi-campus public university system in the state of Indiana, United States. Indiana University has a combined student body of more than 100,000 students, including approximately 42,000 students enrolled at the Indiana University Bloomington campus and approximately 30,000 students enrolled at the Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) campus.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$1,162,015 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Indiana University
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Indiana University $2,670,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Foreign Relations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 S.3605 NIST GREEN JOBS Act of 2010 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.1383 Restoring GI Bill Fairness Act of 2011 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act
RegulationsMentioned in 830 dockets; Submitted to 75 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Indiana University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Indiana University
- Toggle 7 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 4 NRC Security and Continued Use of Cesium-137 Chloride Sources and Notice of Public Meeting 2008
- Toggle 3 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 3 FWS Revised Definitions for ESA Section 7 Consultations; 50 CFR Part 402 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 2 APHIS Regulatory Status of Alfalfa Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2007
- Toggle 2 FSIS Mandatory Inspection of Farm-raised Catfish and Catfish Products 2008
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Scientific Evaluation of Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Public Workshop; Request for Comments 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Indiana University
- Toggle 437 DOT Time Zone Boundaries in the State of Indiana 2005
- Toggle 48 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 26 DOT Standard Time Zone Boundary in Southwest Indiana 2007
- Toggle 18 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 15 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 15 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2006 2010
- Toggle 14 FDA Safety and Effectiveness for Health Care Antiseptics; Topical Antimicrobial Drug Products for Over-the-Counter Human Use 2015
- Toggle 12 FDA Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Regulations on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products 2014
- Toggle 11 ED Teacher Preparation Issues 2014
- Toggle 11 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
|2008||$3,000,000||Indiana University: Strategic Sub and Weapons System Support -- Advanced Linear Accelerator (LINAC) Facility|
|2010||$2,400,000||Indiana University: Net-Centric Sensor Grids|
|2010||$1,500,000||Indiana University: Lithium-ion Battery Safety Detection and Control of Impending Failures|
|2010||$1,200,000||Indiana University: Advanced Power Source for Future Soldiers|
|2010||$1,000,000||Indiana University: Regenerative Medicine for Battlefield Injuries|
|2008||$1,000,000||Indiana University Ohio State University: Medical Advanced Technology -- Indiana-Ohio Traumatic Amputation Rehabilitation Research|
Federal Spending116 grants; 7 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Indiana University||2004||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$7,453,176|
|Indiana University||2004||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$7,083,249|
|Indiana University||2003||Education, Department Of||CONVERTED RECORD - DIRECT LOAN BASE RECORD 2002-2003||$7,078,901|
|Indiana University||2003||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,665,681|
|Indiana University||2004||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,365,493|
|Indiana University||2003||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,204,256|
|Indiana University||2002||National Science Foundation||INDIANA UNIVERSITY - INDIANA MATHEMATICS INITIATIVE PARTNERSHIP||$6,203,050|
|Indiana University||2003||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,159,290|
|Indiana University||2004||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,007,653|
|Indiana University||2003||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$5,879,307|
Advisory Committees705 people on 188 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Indiana University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 426 people on 90 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 147 people on 52 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 91 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 9 people on 16 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 11 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 12 people on 8 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 5 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 2 people on 1 committee