Campaign Finance$4,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Independent Sector
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Independent Sector $100,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.557 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2011 S.2 Middle Class Success Act S.593 A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the tax rate for excise tax on investment income of private foundations. S.1549 American Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.2309 Postal Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2502 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2011 S.1625 Postal Reform Act of 2011 S.1789 21st Century Postal Service Act of 2011 S.2059 Paying a Fair Share Act of 2012 S.2230 Paying a Fair Share Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 25 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Independent Sector" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Independent Sector
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Independent Sector
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Assessment and Collection of Regulatory Fees for Fiscal Year 2012 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Endangered Status for Gunnison Sage-grouse 2012
- Toggle 1 FCC WRC-07 Implementation 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Application for Recognition as a 501(c)(29) Organization 2012
- Toggle 1 FCC Practice and Procedure; Amendment of CORES Registration System 2011
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
- Toggle 1 FCC Operation of Radar Systems in the 76-77 GHz Band 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Independent Sector" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Corporation for National and Community Service 1 person on 1 committee