Independent Petroleum Assn of America
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Independent Petroleum Assn of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Independent Petroleum Assn of America $2,468,162
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Natural Resources,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.1204 To amend the Clean Air Act to eliminate the exemption for aggregation of emissions from oil and gas development sources, and for other purposes. S.214 Big Oil Bailout Prevention Unlimited Liability Act of 2011 S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.493 SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.53 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to deny a deduction for removal costs and damages for which taxpayers are liable under the Oil Pollution Act of 1990.
RegulationsMentioned in 54 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Independent Petroleum Assn of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Independent Petroleum Assn of America
- Toggle 1 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants: Impact Analyses of Critical Habitat 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Rail Petitions and Recommendations to Improve the Safety of Railroad Tank Car Transportation 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Request for comments on the Proposed 2012-2017 Oil and Gas Leasing Program 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Independent Petroleum Assn of America
- Toggle 22 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 11 EPA Definition of "Waters of the United States" Under the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 11 FWS Eastern Small-footed Bat and Northern Long-eared Bat 2011
- Toggle 9 ONRR Consolidated Federal Oil & Gas and Federal & Indian Coal Valuation Reform 2012
- Toggle 9 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Hydraulic Fracturing Chemicals and Mixtures Under the Toxic Substances Control Act 2011
- Toggle 5 FWS 50 CFR 402: Definition for "destruction or adverse modification"; Proposed Endangered Species Act Implementing Regulations 2011
- Toggle 3 BSEE AA02 - Increased Safety Measures for Energy Development on the Outer Continental Shelf 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA General Permits for the Tribal Minor NSR Program 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA UIC Permitting Guidance for Oil and Gas Hydraulic Fracturing Activities Using Diesel Fuels – Draft 2011