Independent Petroleum Assn of America
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Independent Petroleum Assn of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Independent Petroleum Assn of America $2,784,920
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Natural Resources,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1215 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals (FRAC) Act H.R.2766 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.1835 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2009 H.R.980 Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act S.774 National Energy Security Act of 2009 H.R.977 Derivatives Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2009 S.22 Craig Thomas Snake Headwaters Legacy Act of 2008 S.447 Prevent Excessive Speculation Act
RegulationsMentioned in 40 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Independent Petroleum Assn of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Independent Petroleum Assn of America
- Toggle 1 OSHA Occupational Exposure to Crystalline Silica 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of Statement of Policy for Adopting Full-Fuel-Cycle Analyses into Energy Conservation Standards Program. 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Gunnison sage-grouse 2009
- Toggle 1 NOAA Response to a Petition to List 83 Coral Species Under the ESA 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Independent Petroleum Assn of America
- Toggle 19 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 7 EPA Notice of Final 2010 Effluent Guidelines Program and 2011 Annual Review 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA General Solicitation for Data Related to Hydraulic Fracturing 2010
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Meeting of Pipeline Safety Advisory Committees 2009
- Toggle 3 BOEM AD68 - Oil and Gas and Sulphur Operations in the Outer Continental Shelf–Increased Safety Measures for Energy Development on the Outer Continental Shelf 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Systems Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2009
- Toggle 3 FWS Dunes Sagebrush Lizard 2010
- Toggle 3 OSHA Occupational Exposure to Crystalline Silica 2010
- Toggle 3 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of Statement of Policy for Adopting Full-Fuel-Cycle Analyses into Energy Conservation Standards Program. 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles 2010