Independent Petroleum Assn of America
Campaign Finance$2,897,365 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Independent Petroleum Assn of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Independent Petroleum Assn of America $11,681,316
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Natural Resources,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.493 SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.1215 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals (FRAC) Act H.R.2766 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.1204 To amend the Clean Air Act to eliminate the exemption for aggregation of emissions from oil and gas development sources, and for other purposes. S.214 Big Oil Bailout Prevention Unlimited Liability Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 174 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Independent Petroleum Assn of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Independent Petroleum Assn of America
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Gas Gathering Line Definition 1998
- Toggle 1 OSHA Occupational Exposure to Crystalline Silica 2010
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Hazardous Liquid Gathering Pipelines 2003
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of Statement of Policy for Adopting Full-Fuel-Cycle Analyses into Energy Conservation Standards Program. 2010
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Applying Safety Regulation to All Rural Onshore Hazardous Liquid Low-Stress Lines 2008
- Toggle 1 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants: Impact Analyses of Critical Habitat 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Gunnison sage-grouse 2009
- Toggle 1 BOEM Request for comments on the Proposed 2012-2017 Oil and Gas Leasing Program 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Response to a Petition to List 83 Coral Species Under the ESA 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Independent Petroleum Assn of America
- Toggle 35 EPA Modification of National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit Deadline for Storm Water Discharges for Oil and Gas Construction Activity That Disturbs Between One and Five Acres of Land. 2002
- Toggle 25 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 22 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 19 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 18 PHMSA Gas Gathering Line Definition 1998
- Toggle 18 EPA Oil Pollution Prevention; Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Rule Requirements - Amendments 2007
- Toggle 17 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 13 EPA Final National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) General Permit for Storm Water Discharges from Construction Activities. 2002
- Toggle 12 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Hazardous Liquid Gathering Pipelines 2003
- Toggle 12 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Applying Safety Regulation to All Rural Onshore Hazardous Liquid Low-Stress Lines 2008