Independence Blue Cross
Campaign Finance$902,909 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Independence Blue Cross
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Independence Blue Cross $1,710,000 Independence Blue Cross Family of Cos $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.1370 To repeal the annual fee on health insurance providers enacted by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. H.R.1206 Access to Professional Health Insurance Advisors Act of 2011 H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 H.R.371 Health Care Choice Act of 2011 H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.R.1213 To repeal mandatory funding provided to States in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to establish American Health Benefit Exchanges. H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.1683 State Flexibility Act H.R.4489 FEHBP Prescription Drug Integrity, Transparency, and Cost Savings Act
RegulationsMentioned in 39 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Independence Blue Cross" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Independence Blue Cross
- Toggle 6 CMS Recently Posted CMS Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare Advantage Program (Title II) 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Advisory Panel on Medicare Education (CY 2010) 2010
- Toggle 2 Medicare Program; Medicare Hospital Insurance (Part A) and Medicare Supplementary Medical Insurance (Part B) (CMS-1455) 2013
- Toggle 2 NIH Recently Posted NIH Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Announcement of Meeting of the Advisory Panel on Medicare Education, December 4, 2007 2007
- Toggle 1 HHS Regional Extension Program 2009
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Requesting for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2007
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Meeting of the Practicing Physicians Advisory Council, May 22, 2006 2006
- Toggle 1 FRA SEPTA – Regular Reporting Point 2012
Advisory Committees3 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Independence Blue Cross" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 3 people on 1 committee