Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN, SEHK: 4332) is an international biotechnology company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. Located in the Conejo Valley, Amgen is the world's largest independent biotech firm. The company employs approximately 17,000 staff members. Its products include Epogen, Aranesp, Enbrel, Kineret, Neulasta, Neupogen, Sensipar / Mimpara, Nplate, and Prolia. Epogen and Neupogen (the company's first products on the market) were the two most successful biopharmaceutical products at the time of their respective releases.
Campaign Finance$235,728 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Immunex Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Immunex Corp $480,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Immunex Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Immunex Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Immunex Corp
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards Applicable to Generators of Hazardous Waste; Subpart K- Standards Applicable to Academic Laboratories 2003
- Toggle 2 FDA Orphan Product Designations 1984
- Toggle 2 APHIS Ventria Bioscience; Availability of Environmental Assessment for Field Test of Genetically Engineered Rice Expressing Lysozyme 2005
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for PROLIA™ (denosumab), U.S. Patent No. 6,740,522 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Labeling for Human Prescription Drug/Biologic Products-CLOSED 2000
- Toggle 1 FDA Enbrel, Patent No. 5,712,155 1999
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for PROLIA® (denosumab), U.S. Patent No. 7,411,050 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System; Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste; Solvents; Final Decision 1998
- Toggle 1 APHIS Ventria Bioscience; Availability of Environmental Assessment for Field Test of Genetically Engineered Rice Expressing Lactoferrin 2005
- Toggle 1 FDA Current Good Tissue Practice for Mfrs. of Human Cellular 1997