International Business Machines (IBM) (NYSE: IBM) is an American multinational technology and consulting firm headquartered in Armonk, New York. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, and it offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
Campaign Finance$1,069,004 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of IBM Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount IBM Corp $9,700,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2596 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1572 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.2017 Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.749 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the subpart F exemption for active financing income. H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1439 Business Activity Tax Simplification Act of 2011 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 261 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "IBM Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for IBM Corp
- Toggle 7 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and Experimental Aircraft Association - Exemption/Rulemaking 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 ATBCB Updates to Section 508 Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards and Telecommunications Act Accessibility Guidelines 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Nationwide Health Information Network: Conditions for Trusted Exchange 2012
- Toggle 1 DOS 60–Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS–5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405–XXXX 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS 2010 Guidelines for Elephant Tuberculosis 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for IBM Corp
- Toggle 14 DOT Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel: Accessibility of Web Site and Automated Kiosks at U.S. Airports 2011
- Toggle 13 EPA Proposed Confidentiality Determinations for Eight Subparts of the Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 13 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 9 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System; Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste; Proposed Rule 2012
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicaid Program; Eligibility Changes under the Affordable Care Act of 2010 (CMS-2349-P) 2011
- Toggle 5 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
Contractor Misconduct3 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Ethics||None||South Korea and China Bribery||2011||Settlement||$10,000,000|
|Antitrust||None||European Commission Mainframe Antitrust Investigation||2011||Settlement||$0|
|Labor||None||Sexual Harassment in Australia||2011||Pending||$0|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|City Of Newburgh Et Al.||International Business Machines Corp. (+89 others)||2011||Newburgh, Ny||$12,764,875|
Advisory Committees64 people on 23 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "IBM Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 51 people on 10 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 4 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Election Assistance Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Administrative Conference of the United States 1 person on 1 committee