Hyundai Motor Co
Hyundai Motor Company (Korean: 현대, Hyŏndae, IPA: [hjə́ːndɛ], modernity; KRX: 005380) is a Korean automaker which along with Kia comprises the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group, the world’s fifth largest automaker as of 2009. As of 2009, it is the world's fastest growing automaker. In 2008, Hyundai (without Kia) ranked as the eighth largest automaker.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Hyundai Motor Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Hyundai Motor Co $1,210,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Automotive Industry,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Foreign Relations,
- Government Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1550 Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Act of 2009 H.R.3994 Distracted Driving Prevention Act of 2009 H.R.5381 Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 2010 S.1938 Distracted Driving Prevention Act of 2010 S.3302 Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 2010 H.R.4678 Foreign Manufacturers Legal Accountability Act of 2010 S.1606 Foreign Manufacturers Legal Accountability Act of 2009 H.R.385 CAR Act of 2009 H.R.3183 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.734 Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Hyundai Motor Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Hyundai Motor Co
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Hyundai Motor Co
- Toggle 12 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Revisions to Motor Vehicle Fuel Economy Label 2009
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
- Toggle 3 NHTSA New Car Assessment Program Validation Testing 2009
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Technical Admendment to 49 CFR Part 541 2009
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2009
- Toggle 2 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 2 NHTSA NCAP Advanced Technologies 2010
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Legal Interpretation - Part 543 2009