Huntsman Corporation (NYSE: HUN) is a global chemical company with 11,000 employees and revenues of approximately $8 billion.
Campaign Finance$3,995,193 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Huntsman Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Huntsman Corp $6,415,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Chemical Industry,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Health Issues,
- Clean Air & Water
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 S.2058 Close the Enron Loophole Act
RegulationsMentioned in 279 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Huntsman Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Huntsman Corp
- Toggle 2 PHMSA University of Colorado Health Sciences Center 1998
- Toggle 2 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Railway Progress Institute, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemption - Tank Cars - Various Chemicals 1998
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Huntsman Corporation 2005
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Huntsman Corporation - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Application for an Emergency Exemption to Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of Several Low Pressure, High Temperature Reactors Containing an Oxidizer 2005
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Huntsman Corp
- Toggle 14 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 12 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 9 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Final Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Hazardous Waste Combustors (Phase I Final Replacement Standards and Phase II) 2004
- Toggle 7 EPA Revision to Definition of Volatile Organic Compounds - Exclusion of Compounds 2006
- Toggle 7 EPA Regional Haze Regulations; Revisions to Provision Governing Alternative to Source-Specific Best Available Retrofit Technology (Bart) Determinations 2002
- Toggle 6 PHMSA Railway Progress Institute, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemption - Tank Cars - Various Chemicals 1998
- Toggle 5 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Huntsman Corporation - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Application for an Emergency Exemption to Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of Several Low Pressure, High Temperature Reactors Containing an Oxidizer 2005
- Toggle 4 EPA Significant New Use Rules on Certain Chemical Substances 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Significant New Use Rules on Certain Chemical Substances 2012