Huntington Bancshares, Inc., is a US$53 billion Midwestern bank holding company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. It is the 24th largest American bank. As of October 22, 2008, it was listed on the S&P; 500. It was ranked number 610 on the 2008 Fortune 1000.
Campaign Finance$4,260,080 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Huntington Bancshares
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Huntington Bancshares $2,099,116
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5297 Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 H.R.946 Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act H.R.3609 Emergency Home Ownership and Mortgage Equity Protection Act of 2007 S.751 Notification of Risk to Personal Data Act S.2136 Helping Families Save Their Homes in Bankruptcy Act of 2007 H.R.1456 Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.5546 Credit Card Fair Fee Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 31 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Huntington Bancshares" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Huntington Bancshares
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Huntington Bancshares
- Toggle 3 DOT Skybus Airlines, LLC - Certificate - Columbus, OH - Other Points in the U.S. 2005
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: International Securities Exchange, LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Requesting for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2007
- Toggle 1 TREAS Prohibition on Funding of Unlawful Internet Gambling 2007
- Toggle 1 FTC Premerger notification waiting periods; early terminations 2005
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 1 EPA Area Designations for the 2006 24-Hour PM 2.5 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2008 Ozone Standards 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Emergency Order Pursuant to Section 12(k)(2) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 Taking Temporary Action to Respond to Market Developments 2008
- Toggle 1 DOD Limitations on Terms of Consumer Credit Extended to Service Members and Dependents 2006