Human Rights Campaign
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Human Rights Campaign
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Human Rights Campaign $3,223,048
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Health Issues,
- Foreign Relations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3685 Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2007 H.R.1592 Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007 H.R.1820 Tax Equity for Health Plan Beneficiaries Act of 2007 S.1556 Tax Equity for Domestic Partner and Health Plan Beneficiaries Act S.1105 Matthew Shepard Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007 H.R.2015 Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2007 H.R.2221 Uniting American Families Act of 2007 S.1328 Uniting American Families Act of 2007 H.R.1246 Military Readiness Enhancement Act of 2007 H.R.1431 Workplace Religious Freedom Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Human Rights Campaign" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Human Rights Campaign
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Human Rights Campaign
- Toggle 6 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 2 WHD To view comments on Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825, see Docket ESA-2008-0001 2008
- Toggle 1 USCIS Changes to Requirements Affecting H-2A Nonimmigrants 2007
- Toggle 1 HHS Ensuring that Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices In Violation of Federal Law 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT American Airlines, Inc., British Airways Plc, Finnair Oyj, Iberia Lineas Aereas de Expana, S.A. and Royal Jordanian Airlines - Approval of and Antirust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2008
- Toggle 1 ETA Temporary Agricultural Employment of H-2A Aliens in the United States; Modernizing the Labor Certification Process and Enforcement 2008
- Toggle 1 ED Title I -- Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged 2008
- Toggle 1 USCBP Issuance of a Visa and Authorization for Temporary Admission into the United States for Certain Nonimmigrant Aliens Afflicted with HIV Infection 2007