Human Rights Campaign
Campaign Finance$21,278,180 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Russ Feingold $17,879
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Human Rights Campaign
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Human Rights Campaign $21,533,868 LGCR Government Solutions $8,450
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Health Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Foreign Relations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2517 Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations Act of 2009 S.1102 Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations Act of 2009 H.R.2625 Tax Equity for Health Plan Beneficiaries Act of 2009 S.1153 Tax Equity for Health Plan Beneficiaries Act of 2009 H.R.2088 Tax Parity for Health Plan Beneficiaries Act of 2011 H.R.1283 Military Readiness Enhancement Act of 2009 H.R.3685 Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2007 H.R.3017 Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2009 S.1171 Tax Parity for Health Plan Beneficiaries Act of 2011 H.R.1592 Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 61 dockets; Submitted to 13 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Human Rights Campaign" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Human Rights Campaign
- Toggle 1 HHS Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges: Request for Comments Regarding Exchange-Related Provisions in Title I of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2010
- Toggle 1 ED General and Non-Loan Programmatic Issues 2009
- Toggle 1 ACF CFSR Public Comment 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Proposed Priorities for Department of Education Discretionary Grant Programs 2010
- Toggle 1 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 1 OPM Absence and Leave; Sick Leave 2009
- Toggle 1 ESA Request for Information on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Human Rights Campaign
- Toggle 18 CMS Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Programs, and Exchanges: Essential Health Benefits in Alternative Benefit Plans, Eligibility Notices, Fair Hearing and Appeal Processes for Medicaid and Exchange Eligibility Appeals and Other Provisions Related to Eligibility and Enrollment for Exchanges, Medicaid and CHIP, and Medicaid Premiums and Cost Sharing (CMS-2334-P) 2013
- Toggle 15 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Health Insurance Market Rules CMS-9972-P 2012
- Toggle 7 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital and Medicare & Medicaid: Critical Access Hospital Conditions of Participation to Ensure Visitation Rights for All Patients 2010
- Toggle 6 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 4 ESA Request for Information on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 2006
- Toggle 4 HUD FR 5359–P–01 Equal Access to Housing in HUD Programs Regardless of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity 2011
- Toggle 4 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 3 Shared Responsibility Payment for Not Maintaining Minimum Essential Coverage 2013
- Toggle 3 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 3 HHS Proposed Data Collection Standards for Race, Ethnicity, Primary Language, Sex, and Disability Status Required by Section 4302 of the Affordable Care Act 2011